Women are made completely differently to men. They have completely different body types. There are many hormones, and body parts that have different functions. Periods, pregnancy and the ability to have children are some of the key differences that distinguish women from men. These magical abilities to give birth make women’s bodies different from men and require special physical therapist treatment. A women’s physical therapist is a person who specializes in women’s specific physical issues. Women’s physical therapy is a branch of gynecology and obstetrics.
Treatments for diseasesA woman physical therapist is an expert in the treatment of a variety of diseases that affect women’s health, such as
- Pelvic floor dysfunction is the inability of correctly relaxing and controlling the muscles of your pelvic floor.
- The bladder
- The uterus, vaginal muscles and the uterus
- The rectum
- Lower back pain during pregnancy
- Pelvic pain
- Care after delivery and during pregnancy
- Discomfort or pain during sexual activity
- Persistent loss of bladder and bowel control.